It is a rare golf or country club that can point to a community-service organization as its origin. Cavaliers
Its purpose was to render broad community service to the people of the state-helping the needy, providing scholarships for worthy students, minimizing juvenile delinquency.
The membership grew so rapidly that it was soon decided to add social and recreational activities to the base of civic and charitable endeavors.
Exactly one year after the meeting at the Hotel Rodney, the Cavaliers purchased a 153-acre tract of farmland on Churchman Road, in New Castle County.
A groundbreaking ceremony for the Cavaliers Country Club was held on January 5, 1959, with Delaware’s Governor Caleb J. Boggs turning over the first spade of